Hey everyone! So now that @Do3D has officially released the NEW MK39 files it's time to get to work!
In this thread i will be sharing all of my Prints and progress for the MK39!
I am even making another Youtube series documenting the build!
I also have TONS of information about Iron Man Suit construction in my MK85 Series so if you're impatient give it a watch!
I also have a series of videos dedicated to:
I'll do my best to keep this as up to date as possible without just spamming it constantly! Hope this helps!
Hardware, Software, and More!
(Will be updated accordingly)
Printers (with links!)
Ultimaker Cura 4.6
(I use STOCK Cura Profiles and Settings. I only adjust infill and
orientation so please don't ask for my profiles lol)
Monoprice PLA+ Premium Grey Filament (x15 Rolls)
Update Video 1
Files received! And on the same day Monoprice delivered my new rolls of filament! The files look solid and amazing. And it's cool they have the textured and untextured version! Gives lots of printing options and choices! I decided i will print this suit just like my MK85 and print everything at 100% scale and then make myself fit inside of it. I want the proportions to be as accurate as possible with no "Bobble-Head" or "Koolaid Man" effects.
Update Photos 1
Helmet scaled down to 95% after comparing it in Slic3r to the MK85 DO3D Helmet which i know fits me like a glove. I sliced off the Jaw so i could stand the helmet up like a bowl with almost zero supports. The green tape is where i will weld it together again. I'm so glad they provided a Removable Faceplate. The HoneyComb pattern is just beautiful.
Arms done! These things are weird. They fit weird They look weird. It's going to be tricky attaching them. I still need to print the Inner Elbow part in Flexible Material or figure out another way to cover and connect everything.They're awesome though. The supports on the Shoulders gave me anxiety.
Abs and Hip Pods done! And my first print failure to boot! Sadly it was 100% my fault. I messed up during a filament swap. It happens. I know i can save it in multiple ways. But they all require Fusing or welding parts together. It was only 100G of filament and 7 hours in. No big deal. I'm going to melt it down and use it as a filler for joints so it's not a total waste. The abs will be tricky to clean up because of the support placement. It took me 3 hours to find the perfect orientation and support placement for them. Not fun.