I am about to embark on a journey to build the MK85 suit. I have tried to build the MK46 from a different 3d file source before but was just unhappy with the way things were going with it so I scrapped it when I saw DO3D's MK46 premium and will be making that suit too....eventually. Anyways onto the MK85.
I have printed most of the right arm and helmet as of right now and I am loving these files they are easy to work with and look amazing.
I scaled the armor using meshmixer and tried to keep the proportions correct. This was a bit of a challenge as I am 5 foot 8 and have a bit of a belly so the suit doesnt fit in some areas(but I am currently losing weight so hopefully they will one day!!). After the first round of scaling the legs were too long for me and and the back stuck out too much so I non uniformly scaled the legs to match mine and used the free form deformation tool in Armorsmith to get the back looking correctly.(sorry for the low quality images)
After scaling I sliced the models at sections to make test prints to make sure that each part will fit.
First thing I printed was the helmet(of course). The helmet was split into 5 different pieces and I used superglue as a tack solution to hold it together while I use my wood burner to fuse the pieces together.
Next I started with the hand. It took multiple test printing/fitting to get one that fits perfectly then I moved onto the handplate. I then printed the forearm in 2 sections, I could have printed it as one piece but the risk of failure and more supports was too high so I didnt risk it. I also printed the elbow(no pictures).
Next part was the Infinity stones which I printed on my Anycubic Photon wising clear resin and then painted them with watered down acrylic paints to keep it transparent.
Last thing I printed over the weekend was the bicep which was also split into 2 as to avoid high risk of failing. once printed I noticed that it would not go up my arm so instead of re scaling and reprinting the part I took my heat gun to make the plastic more flexible and I put on the bicep holding it at the widest part of my arm until the plastic cooled and hardened again. Now the bicep fits without an issue. All thats left to do with the bicep is to make a cut to slide it up my arm more to give me more flex at the elbow and use my wood burning tool to weld the pieces together.
Thats it for now hope you enjoyed the read. I am currently in the process of making the right shoulder pod and will post that as soon as its glued.
Thanks for reading, if you want to follow me on Instagram its https://www.instagram.com/jamesheneghan92/